"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 11, 2017

Finishes over the weekend

Almost finished this potholder, just need to add the binding for it after I find fabric that will work.



















Next up was this quilt top that is approximately 40" by 60" in size.  It was made in response to both a challenge on Sunshine in a quilt that would be sent to Quilts Beyond Borders as a part of what the Sunshine group normally does.   And it also fit the challenge that my friend Susan of DesertSky Quilting had challenged her readers to do for charity for advent.

I used a Long Quarter of a halloween monster print and pulled an orange checked print and a yellow TOT strip to make the rail fence blocks.  A lime green TOT strip for the inner border and solid orange for the final border

Final look has almost a 3D look too it because of the colors and the way they work with each other.
You can read more about the #adventblocksforcharity by clicking on the image to the side.

Next up was the stitching on this embellished sweatshirt for my mom.  This was one scene from a panel of cute kitties.   Still have lots to work with for future projects.  =)
And the final project over the weekend was making this little mug rug.  It finished out at 9.5" square the pattern and a couple of the fabrics (the house and the snow) came as part of the third free kit during the shop hop I participated in back in November.  This will most likely end up being a gift for someone this Christmas.



Gratitudes:
1. Thankful for the friends who have invited me to stay with them during my trip to Phx.

2. Thankful for being able to house-sit for friends in Phx and being able to sew while i'm there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good gratitudes. Your mom will love that shirt, definitely. Such cute bitty designs for the potholder and snack mat. Thank you so much for doing the challenge. I'm going to put that on my blog, too. I just linked your bears in Craftsy and this blog, also. Can you believe I had to click cars ELEVEN times to verify I'm not a robot! I hate google.