"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Arizona Shop-Hopping , Part 2

I tend to shop ahead for gifts, esp. since the BD's in my family start back up in February.   As a result I like wandering into stores like Tuesday Morning occasionally to see what kind of goodies I can find for gifts. 

Well, I wandered into one out here in Phoenix and what I found was goodies for me.    First up was a spice blend that I really like on my roasted veggies in the morning.   I had found one in TX at a Ross, and then found them out here....4 more are going home with me.  =)

But the best goodies - were these precuts from Benartex at a great price (all less than half of retail).   I could have chosen from about 6 different charm squares sets, several different jelly rolls, and the "honey bun" roll (1.5" strips). 

What I came home with were these two charm squares, both blue based that I've got ideas for.   And all three of the "honey bun" rolls that they had.   These are all Kona solids and 41 different colors that are reminiscent of the colors in 30's repro fabrics.   I'm thinking I'll use one of them in this Regatta quilt/sew along and the other two....well I've got ideas for them as well running around in my mind.  Now mind you, I won't get this started before about April, but that's beside the point - it's on my to-do list for next year.  =)

So what is the most unusual place that you've found fabric before?

Gratitudes:

1. Allergies have been controllable with just an occasional pill while out here.

2. The blessings of friends who have allowed me to stay with them for 10 days.

3 comments:

e said...

Some wonderful shopping and some great finds. I'd say you are enjoying your trip!! 😁

Anonymous said...

I never find it any place unusual! Maybe the thrift store, but what's unusual about buying XL men's shirts to get a yard of plaid for $2? That's a great buy on the fabric, and I'm happy you found the spice you like. Yay! You're doing Regatta! I'm actually using the junior jelly rolls you sent me several years ago (they've been sitting on my bookcase where I couldn't lose them!), and a LOT of white. LOL Probably white.

Farm Quilter said...

In a little town about 40 miles from me there is a flower shop that also sells fabric!! I guess that when you are in a small town, you need to be diverse to survive in retail!!