"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 25, 2017

Arizona Shop-Hopping, Part 1

I admit it.....I like to visit the shops here in Arizona when I'm out here.   I miss having the variety available out here when I'm living else where.

First up was a trip to SAS.   SAS is a store that sells fabrics by the pound as well as by the yard.   And the types of fabrics runs the gamut from quilt shop quality cottons (nowadays) to upholstery and leather remnants.    Here I picked up a blue I couldn't resist, and 4 different prints for my scrappy backgrounds.   Also found a variegated cotton thread for a great price, a zipper for a belated gift and a pkg of extra wide bias binding.

Next up came a stop at the Bernina Store in Prescott Valley.    Nice fabrics but nothing really caught my eye.Did get a tan tonal FQ for background use, and a 1/2 of an owl print that I'm planning to make potholders out of for a gift.


Just across the highway and down a bit is Cloth Plus in Prescott Valley.   When I headed down the street to the store I really wondered about it because there are houses on one side of the street, and industrial type buildings on the other.   However, once in the store I found a really nice selection of fabrics.  I picked up 4 different ombre fabrics and 2 FQ's for backgrounds.


And I also found this gorgeous ombre and batik that I'm going to use to make the mini quilt I need to get made for a modern mini swap that i'm in.


Once I left Prescott Valley, it was onto Cottonwood AZ and the Quilt and Sew shop.   Lots of nice fabrics and a large selection of sale cuts.   As you can see I found quite a few that just had to come home with me.   The zebra print will find a home in one of the blocks for my 2018 BOM.  Also bought their 2017 row-by-row kit, and they gave me a free mug.


The final quilt stop on my tour of Northern AZ shops was the Quillter's Store in Sedona.  They had their usual great selection of fabric, but it was the sale bins of $1 FQ's that caught my eyes......and yes there were a big bunch that had to come home with me.....32 to be exact.   Lots of batiks as well as some others.


And finally from the day that I drove into Phoenix, I made a detour in Tucson to stop at The Quilt Basket.   Bought their row by row pattern, a panel that will find it's way into mug rugs, 3 half yds for backgrounds (notice a theme here?), and finally the color of Kona that I need to make the bias strips for the pie potholders that I've been making.


Gratitudes:
1. Time with family and friends here in the Phx area

2. Beautiful weather!

3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

What a magnificent haul!!! LOVE the ombre fabrics...I love working with them as they give me a range of colors in one fabric!! Makes me want to take a road trip south!

Anonymous said...

What fun! How come you didn't go to Quilters Quarters in Cottonwood? I like that one, and it's where we found out about the beautiful hand-quilting frame that Paul bought me. Someday, I'd like to get to use it! LOL I love ombre fabric because you can get such great related colors in the same piece. You had quite a haul there!

Anonymous said...

I have never bought Ombre Fabric: you've peeked my interest! Beautiful blog: I'm having fun going through some posts. A Blessed and Happy New Year! :)