"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, July 10, 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

Made progress this past weekend in several areas.  First up on Saturday was a day trip of shop-hopping in the NW area of the metroplex to pick up more row patterns.   I'll blog about the trip in the next day or two after I get pictures taken of the rows I picked up and the goodies that came home with me.

I finished off the flamingo quilt top this weekend.  There are approximately 700 2.5" squares in the finished quilt top.  More than 20 different WOW's were used in just the section below the body of the flamingo.  A dozen or so different medium pinks and about 8 different dark pinks were used in the body.  The black and grey were scraps as well, but only one fabric for each of those colors.

Size of the top as is now - 48" by 60".

I'm still debating on whether to add a border of some sort around it.   What do you think?

I plan on doing a cross-hatch in the background area, but am still trying to decide how to quilt the flamingo.   Any ideas?

This one will be going up for sale when I get it quilted and bound.

And if you'd like to win a free magazine, don't forget to go here to sign up.  The giveaway ends on the 15th of July.

Gratitudes:
1. Made home safely Saturday after ending up in a horrendous thunderstorm (had to stop twice because I couldn't see to drive!)

2. The summer heat and humidity doesn't last forever


No comments: