"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, July 10, 2017

Monday Goals

Just a couple of goals at this point for this week.  

The first is to finish trimming to size all of the WOW, COC and tonals in the white & cream ranges so that I can put them away in my scrap tote.  I had so much stuffed into the tote that it wouldn't close.  Needless to say it has been a long while since I did that.


I took all the yardage and FQ's that should not have been in there first out first and that freed up some space.  Then took out everything that needed to be cut up into a standard (for me) size.  The multitude of stacks on my cutting table are what was in it that needed to be dealt with.  

I trimmed things down into 2.5", 3.5", 4.5", 6.5" squares, and WOF strips that were at least 2.5" or larger.   Then bagged all that in the correct baggie.

 The final piles of scraps for this tote yet to be dealt with are these two.   They were still in a tote on my cutting table (buried under other fabric in the pic above!) and were about 12" tall before I pulled them out.

 The next thing I want to get done this week is to get the triangles onto these blocks and get them squared up.












Then I'll get the alternate blocks made - there are 2 more blocks to be made and I need 8 of each of them.  Once they are done then I can set them together in the lay out below.   Have to be careful when I'm making the remaining blocks because I switched colors in the first blocks on where the greens lay and now I have to remember to do the same switch in the remaining blocks.

Gratitudes:

1. Lots of scraps to play with and have fun making quilts with

2. A job that pays the bills

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is that paper you are cutting? I'm presuming it's something that is a waste product from work? That is a lot of cutting. I haven't cleared off my table, doing the same thing, in quite a while. Don't think today is the day, either. =)