"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Finishes

Finished the quilt top for swan quilt yesterday and have it ready for basting.

Some stats for the quilt -
Fabrics -

  • 6 different background fabrics were used.
  • Each block has 2 different fabrics in it.  Black Kona was used in 2 or 3 of the blocks as the coordinate.  So there are approximately 80 different fabrics used for the swans.
  • 56 different fabrics were used in the border alone
  • Most of the fabrics in the swans and border were out of my stash of scraps and did not make a dent in the scraps!
  • A solid color binding will be used on the quilt, but I'm not sure what color at this time
  • Final size is 65" by 75"

I also finished the next bear block.  This is Susan who is trying to untangle her thread as she sews the binding down on her quilt.

I might add a wee bow on her head, but not sure of that.

Gratitudes:

1. At this point I still have a job (was almost laid off this week)

2. Stitches in my gum come out today.  =)


3 comments:

Kate said...

Moira, your swan quilt is magnificent!! The Susan Bear is adorable. Hopefully your gum surgery isn't too painful. k

Anonymous said...

The border really adds the finishing touch the quilt needed. It makes it all come together. You have captured my binding troubles perfectly, too. LOL

Farm Quilter said...

I love the border on your swan quilt - perfect!!! It would look really awesome if the binding matched the border...just sayin'!!! I guess Susans have an issue with binding!!!