"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, May 1, 2017

Sometimes You Gotta......

........ignore what's been on the to-do list and do what's been simmering in the brain.  And that is the case with this little wall-hanging.

I'll be sharing my testimony in the Bible study group at some point that I attend in the next few weeks and the idea for this little wall-hanging just wouldn't let go of my mind.   So I gave into the idea.  =)  Yes, this relates to what I'll be talking about, but that's not something that I'll write about here.

The binding still needs to be sewn on, but I haven't put a hanging sleeve on it yet because I don't know which way I'm going to hang it - vertically like this or horizontally.  The ends of the rick rack (currently on the bottom of the pic) will be left loose no matter which way I end up hanging it.

Specs -

-- Finished size is about 10" by 20" or so.
-- Whole cloth made with a hand-dyed FQ that I found when going thru some fabric yesterday
-- Binding and backing are from a 1/3 yd piece of Riley Blake fabric that I have no remembrance of buying or what it was originally meant for.
-- Three different colors of rick-rack were used - dk. purple, metallic royal blue, and a pink/white metallic
-- Free-form quilted

Gratitudes:

1. I'm a candidate for the needed dental implant

2. God will provide all of the money that I'm going to need for the needed dental work, even if that means I work a second job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting Moira, Love your work.
Margaret

Moira said...

Thank you Margaret!

Anonymous said...

It is really interesting, and I'd personally love to have you post your testimony.