"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, May 14, 2017

ScrapHappy May

Lots of playing with scraps in the last couple of weeks.


Finished up two sample blocks for the latest two block for my teddy bear series.  Benjamin Bear the groom is waiting at the altar for his bride Lucy.   Both of the bears are from scraps.  Background fabric is by Moda.   Patterns will eventually be available for both.


 Next up was pulling fabrics from my scrap bins to make a sample of the pattern I've drawn up for the online row-by-row blog hop that I'm taking part in.   All of the fabrics for the sample have come from the scrap totes, but I haven't decided which of the two sets of brown fabrics work best.   Any opinions on the pics below?




































And the final round of scraps were these - 25 pairs of coordinating fabrics that will be come origami swan blocks.  I managed to get the fusible web ironed onto all of the fabrics this weekend.   Next up is tracing the pieces and then fusing them to the block backgrounds.

Gratitudes:
1. Jaw/tooth pain seems to be decreasing.....just in time for work to start on a crown while the area with the implant continues to heal.

2. Making progress on the overdue baby gift this weekend!




No comments: