"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Design Ponderings and Musings....

I'm still pondering how to set these blocks that I have for Sunshine Quilts.   There are four with the orange and six more that have the same blue fabric set with yellow.   They were from a challenge that I had made 18 or so months ago and were made by another Sunshine member.

















I'll admit, I'm a bit of a doodler.   And when I doodle, it's normally things like quilt blocks, or in this case quilt layouts.  Here you can see some of my doodles today as I continue to ponder how to set the 4 blocks together into a cohesive quilt.  At this point I'm leaning towards either the upper left or bottom layouts, with both of them would be set asymmetrically.  (Yes, QuiltCon is having an influence on me.)   I'm really intrigued by the one in the upper left of the pic with the "circle" in fabric that matches in color the orange in the block.  But the bottom layout would be easier to do, again I would probably use an orange as the first border.   Decisions, decisions, decisions.  Anyone else have any ideas?

One of the other things that I've been pondering and find so interesting is where all people are reading my blog from and now accessing the patterns I've uploaded to Craftsy.  Even after traveling to several countries outside of the US, I still find it interesting to see all of the countries.

Some of the countries (other than the US) where people who have downloaded patterns include - Italy, Ireland, Greece, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Canada, South Korea, Australia and Germany.   Blog visitors have come from France, the Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Argentina, Italy and Canada.

Maybe one of these days I can visit more of the world and see these countries for myself and perhaps even meet quilters there in person.

Gratitudes:
1. My truck driver niece and her DH have been safe in the midst of the blizzard in the east.

2. For the opportunities to attend two quilt shows recently and the inspiration from them.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the QuiltCon influence, but I like the offset one, too. I hope you get to meet some of those out-of-US quilters who like your patterns!