"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Designing on the Fly.....

.........well on the cut that is....lol.

I cut the focus fabric for the commissioned teddy bear quilt yesterday and I found that I didn't have enough for all of the setting blocks.  

Because of the size of the print I had to cut 8.5" blocks of the fabric.    And I'll be putting a border of assorted blue prints around them to bring them up to a 12" finished size.   I did have enough of the fabric to make 5 blocks with a 6 inch finished center of the print.   I'll also be making 8 blocks with 4 patches in the center of them.  

The two possible layouts I've come up with are to the right.   What I'm debating about at the moment is whether to make 13 bears instead of the twelve I'd planned on or to put a pieced block in the center.

What do you think?

Gratitudes:

1. No snow or cold weather down here where I am.  =)

2. Quilt Con is in two weeks....woohoo......

2 comments:

Sue said...

Moira, the pieced block in the centre seems to tie it all together and draws your eyes to the middle and back out again. It gives the eye a resting place around all the bears you plan to have in the quilt. that is just how I see it.

Anonymous said...

I like both of them, but I think I tend toward the one with the pieced center. Are you making a bonus block anyway?