"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Treasures among the stash

As I've been cleaning things up in my fabric room and sewing room, along with sorting through fabrics over the last couple of weeks, I've found some fabrics that have made me scratch my head and wonder why I bought them.  And then there are the UFO blocks which never seem to get used up.

Two of those came together this week as I took a quick break from working on the challenge quilt.   The fabric used in this hanging towel was one I found in my non-quilting stash as I sorted thru it.   It is a cotton, waffle-weave fabric and a lovely lt green color.  It was a remnant so I'm sure that is why I bought it.  Not sure what I'd planned for it.

However, it has worked perfectly for this hanging towel.  I used 1/4th of the piece so I have enough fabric left for 3 more of the towels.   Just need to make tops for them after I find more fabric that will go with the green.

The patchwork at the top was in my orphan block tote.   A little bit of fusible fleece to give some padding to it and quick work to stitch it all together.  This will go into my gift tote for when I need a quick something for a gift.  =)

Gratitudes:
1.  Rain instead of snow!

2. The receipt of the new-to-me desk and carpet protector from work as we get ready to move offices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain is always better than snow! Love the towel. Perfect color, too. =)