"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Musings and Page Views.....

I'm working as a Sr. Data Analyst, so one of the things I like to do with my blog is to keep track not only of how many people view my posts, but also where in the world it is being viewed from.

What I have found very interesting is the sheer number of page views from Russia, even more than from here in the US.  Gotta wonder what kind of quilting is going on there in Russia.  What do the numbers mean?   That I don't know, but I do find it interesting because I don't have any friends in Russia altho I do have a couple in Ukraine.

It almost makes me want to design a quilt or BOM with blocks that would correspond to the countries where the page views are coming from......... Maybe something like the word "Quilt" in each of the different languages ........

Gratitudes:
1. Company Christmas party is this Friday and we only work a half day...wheeeeeeeeeeee.

2. I'm almost done with the project I've been working on for work.

2 comments:

sophie said...

It's an interesting idea, but I wonder if some of those page views from interesting countries aren't hackers )or their automated attack programs, looking for something interesting and hacking into whatever sites they find ... that has nothing to do with quilting :-( You would be surprised how many create accounts on Blocklotto.com ... and I know it's because they are looking a site that gives accounts some privilege that might allow them to disrupt a site (no matter how small--like the Block Lotto. But maybe I am just too security aware and skeptical ...

Anonymous said...

How interesting. I'm wondering why, too. I do sometimes chat with several on LiveJournal, which is now Russian based - actually started by them, sold off in pieces - LJ, WordPress and Typepad, among others, and they bought that piece back. Anyway, there are quite a few fabric artists on there. Maybe there are more than we imagine.