"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, October 28, 2016

Tools......

All quilters use various tools when they are working.........scissors, rotary cutters, rulers, sewing machines and many others.   But how many of us use things that are originally designed for something else?

One of the 'tools' I've been using since Easter is this little Easter Basket.   Shaped to look like and function like a old-time strawberry basket it works wonderfully at controlling the bits and pieces I trim off of fabrics and blocks as I'm quilting.  Thus helping to keep my sewing cart/table cleaner.

What kind of non-quilting tools do you use to make quilting easier for you?

Then for lunches (I take my lunch to work) I found these really cute little 4 oz canning jars.  I'd tried using some of the littlest ziploc containers but they aren't that sturdy and don't seal perfectly.   These tho work great and seal w/o leaking.  =)    I bought two originally, but I'll be going back for more of them and then getting rid of the little plastic ones.

Gratitudes:
1.  I'm learning to like more veggies.....oh and eat them as well.....lol.....

2. Feet aren't swelling as badly as they were as I get my diet corralled into what needs to be the new normal for me.

1 comment:

Nancy in IN said...

Blue tape for quilting lines, both hand and machine sewing. Glad you are feeling better. We eat lots of veggies, especially Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and cukes. I cook veggies for each meal.
I use dull sewing machine needles to hang rulers on wall and side of bookcase,
Thank you for showing the T-shirt quilt. Like using neckties in it.