"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Row by Row progress

I've now finished all of the rows that will be going into the Row-by-Row quilt that I have in progress.   Yes I have more patterns that I haven't made up yet, and there are more that I want to collect...but this quilt is now headed to assembly.   I have a dark brown mottled/spotted batik that i'm planning on using as sashing between the rows.

Row 8 was from Texas and features a mocking bird (state bird) and a nest in the shape of Texas.  All placed on the state flag.  The flag was pieced and the rest is machine appliqued.   I did a raw-edge, straight stitch around the edges to hold everything down.


Row 9 was from Tennessee and features a castle taken from Harry Potter.    I'm not into HP, and have never read the books or watched the movies, but I really liked the saying that was on the row.  The castle is machine appliqued with a buttonhole stitch, and the words were fusible transfer.  

And yes, the last word is upside down and backwards.....oops.    Oh well, gonna stay that way 'cause I can't redo it.   And it fits me since I've never marched to the beat of the same drummer as most everyone else.   This quilt is for me so it really doesn't matter anyway 'cause I still like it.    I really wanted this row in my quilt because it reminds me of my faith and where I have always and will always find the light for all of my days.


I'm now at the point where I can put the rows together into a finished top.   There are two layouts that I'm considering.   The first one is the one I'm leaning towards.   


And a closeup of the layout with the sashing fabric shown between rows.


And the second possible layout under consideration.


Gratitudes:
1. Last day of row-by-rowing went well for the most part.

2. Packing is going well with 2 complete rooms down, and a third one almost done.


No comments: