"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Excitement........

Lots of stuff going on around here - a lot of my time has been spent on going through stuff around the apartment and condensing, sorting out, cleaning, etc.   Can't believe how many bags of stuff I've hauled out to the trash already and I know there is more to come over the next 4 weeks.

The biggest news is that I have received the formal job offer for the job that I interviewed for back in June when I was in Dallas Tx.   I will start working at the company on 8/16, and will leave Wyoming on the 10th.   Should be unloading on the 13th into some sort of a house if all goes well.   Thankfully I'm workign with a realtor this move to find a rental, and have friends that have said that they would be willing to check out any housing possibilities for me since I can't make a trip down there to see them myself before I get there on the 12th.

In between all of the cleaning (and soon to be packing!) I've been sewing because that is how I handle stress best!   Some of the things I've finished up this week - include more scrub tops including 2 featuring dinosaurs and one in a patriotic print.

Next up were three kitchen towels embellished with pieced strips.  Two blue ones (someone gave me the pieced strip, but can't remember who).   And then a green check one embellished with a strip that I got in a scrap bag while in Dallas this summer.  All of these will end up as gifts at some point.













Next up was a zippered bag that I'm going to use to hold my cross-stitch to help carry it while traveling.  The pencil pouch I'd been using was too small to hold some of the kits I've got to make up, hence the need for a bigger one.    the fabric on the outside is a home dec (with the feathers) and a black quilting cotton.  Inside is a a black pre-quilted fabric from a scrap that I had laying around.  Added a couple of extra pockets to it so I'd have somewhere to put my needles and scissors.


Gratitudes:

1.   I received the formal job offer today and accepted it.   Now to get everything going needed for the move.

2. For the friends and family that God has blessed me with.

No comments: