"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, April 8, 2016

Polka Dots and Sunshine

Between finishing up the t-shirt quilt, and trying to get everything lined up for the Skills USA State Conference and Contests that I'll be at for 4 days this next week as lead advisor I decided I needed just something simple to work on.

So I pulled out a set of blocks that someone in Sunshine had made using fabric that I had in response to a challenge that I made last year.  

The focus print in these features little bears doing all sorts of things.   Main colors are navy and red with just a little bit of green in it.   The fabric I used for the setting squares/triangles is a RWB polka dot fabric that I'd originally bought for a patriotic quilt, but never gotten around to using.  

There will be two borders, and for the narrow inner border I'm thinking of adding a pop of color to it and using the same green that is in the focus print, followed by a navy or red border.

Gratitudes:

1. State Skills USA Conference is coming up the 10-13th next week....only 6 more days and it will be done!  Then on to the next thing.

2. Platelets were up a wee bit which is better than dropping again....and no more chemo scheduled at this time.  =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the platelets are up, even if it's just a little. I guess we won't hear much from you this coming week! Your bears quilt will make some child very happy. Love that you paired the polka dots with the blocks.