"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Triangle Challenge Quilt

Saw a challenge that designer, Pat Sloan, had posted at this link, and couldn't resist making a quilt to enter the challenge.

As it happened I had half of the half-square triangles (HST's) needed to make the challenge block already made and trimmed to size.   The center block was also already complete and waiting for a project that called for it.   All of the fabrics and HST's were made from the scraps of a prior project.

The blocks made for this challenge are the ones around the outside of the quilt and the quilt that inspired this one is the Boden Quilt that Pat Sloan designed.

Finished size at this point is 40" square.  I haven't decided on whether to put one more border on the quilt or not...And if I do add one, do I make it solid or checkerboard or something else?   At this point I think I'll leave it as is.  It is definitely large enough for a baby quilt, although not quite traditional colors for one.  Would also work for a small lap quilt.

Gratitudes:
1. Am feeling much better today.   Thankful for small favors.

2. The weather outside is beautiful, even if a bit windy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger may have eaten my comment! I think it is plenty big and it looks finished as it is. I'm glad you are feeling better!

Nancy in IN said...

Lots of HST which I don't mind making.
Love the quilt.
I'd leave as is.