"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Novelty H's - A tutorial

I'm still working on using up what I had thought were just a few novelty scraps.....three quilt tops later I still have oodles left to work with.   This quilt finishes out at 44" wide by 58" long.   And other than the sashing which was made from two different remnants of WOW fabric, was made from all scraps.

Because I used scraps for this quilt, and that's what I've designed it to use, I will be giving fabric amounts for a single block, and then seperately for the sashing and cornerstones.

Fabric Requirements for the blocks -

Novelty print - 2 pieces cut 5.5" by 12.5"
WOW - 2 pieces cut 2.5" by 5.5"
Coordinate - 1 piece cut 2.5" by 2.5"

Note: If you are using novelty prints with a one way design be careful on how they are cut and then laid out in the quilt, otherwise you'll have things that are upside down.

Sashing and cornerstones -
Assorted colors - 16 cornerstones cut 2.5" by 2.5"
Sashing - 31 strips cut 2.5" by 12.5"

To Assemble the blocks - 
1. Sew a WOW section to each side of the coordinating square
2. Sew a novelty print square to each side of the resulting strip made in step 1
3. Press seams flat

To Assemble Quilt - 
1. Sew 5 sashing strips, alternating cornerstone squares and sashing strips
2. Sew the rows together alternating sashing strips and blocks
3. Sew the sashing strips and block rows together, ending with a final row of sashing

Gratitudes:
1. First round of chemo went well with no real side effects

2. Insurance approved the treatments, now trusting that most, if not all of the cost will be covered as well.



3 comments:

The Quilting Elf said...

Love the quilt. Best wishes for the continuing success of the medical treatments.
Kathy T. in Tampa

Anonymous said...

Thanks! That'll be great with some of the fabric samples Wes sent me. I appreciate the numbers. Looks like anything goes!

Nancy in IN said...

Thanks so much. This will be my next quilt.
I missed something. Chemo for what, if I may asked.
Prayers for you.