"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lots of sewing going on.........

Finished the front to the T-shirt quilt this morning.  Am thankful to have this much finished on the quilt.  Next up is finding the yellow headed quilt pins that I need to take and pin it together with so I can get the quilting started.  

Still aiming to have it all finished by the middle of March...hopefully I'll be able to hold to that schedule with all that is coming up at school, medical issues and the new PT job that I've got.

Next up are the four pillows that I need to get done for the same customer and more scrub tops for my very patient, long-time customer.  Need to get at leas 6 more done before I ship a batch to her and want them done before the middle of March as well if I can manage it.

 And for a change of pace - I bordered a couple of orphan blocks with black to bring them up to 9.5" square.   These will be mug rugs and I'm debating on whether to leave them as is, or to add on a section to one side on each of them to make them rectangular.   The original blocks were from patterns published by the now defunct Foundation Piecer and had been two of 12 stained glass patterns.   I used hand-dyed fabrics in them and love how they turned out......but they were a pain to make and very tedious.   And taking out the tissue paper I used as a foundation was a real pain.     These will most likely be put up for sale when finished.

Gratitudes:
1.  The past two days of fundraising at the high school went well for the Skills team at school and we've made about 70% of what they need to raise to go to state.

2. For my body hurting after working the fundrasing with the kids the last two days because it means that I'm still alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks fabulous! Congratulations on getting this far pretty quickly. Why yellow headed pins? If I'd known you were going to need some, I wouldn't have been giving mine away! Yay on the fundraising! Is this your robotics team, or is it something else? Love the two mug rugs, too. Frankly, I wouldn't mind knowing I'm alive because I had a great massage and things stopped hurting for a day or two. LOL

Nancy in IN said...

Love the little blocks. I remember making them also. Love the stain glass look.
How do you quilt the t-shirt quilt? I just finished one for grandson and just quilted in the sashing and borders.
What are you teaching this year? In the West, right? Missed the IN snow!