"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Scrappy Green Quilt Top Finished

I finished off the quilt top I was making from all of the HST's I made from the scraps from last year's wedding quilt.   The wedding quilt was paper-pieced so I ended up with big triangles leftover from the greens and cream tonals.  The original quilt can be seen in this post from last year.

I took all of the scraps and made 190 3.5 inch HST's and almost that many 2.5 inch HST's as well.   The 3.5" size were all used in a single
quilt top.   The block patterns are ones that I had been experimenting with and thought looked good together.  

Had posted a pic of the quilt on Facebook before getting the borders put on and as a result it has already been sold to a friend from one of my quilt lists.  Just need to find a backing for it and get it quilted.  =)

Gratitudes:
1. Continuing to feel better with the medications.

2. First semester is only 3 weeks from being over....hard to believe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a semester break - even a long weekend? I hope so! Yay, you made it this far. =) Love the quilt, and I don't think it would be unrealistic to make this as an actual pattern, not just from leftovers. =)

Kat Scribner said...

that is alot of leftover triangles. A great quilt and a nice finish, Moira.

Nancy in IN said...

You are doing well. Love top.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty moira...love the greens...it's a color i don't use very often but sooo springy!