"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Finishes, Starts, and Commissions.....





Got a lot done over this past weekend.  Finished off the 5 mug rugs that I had in process.   One of which has been sold and I forgot to get a picture of it finished.   Oops.....oh well, still have a pic of it with just the top done.  All of these started with UFO blocks so that stash is going down bit by bit.   

And actually it has dropped enough that I was able to put it into a smaller tote so that I could use the large one for my fossil fern fabrics stash which had outgrown the original tote I had them in.

Next up was a quilt top that started with a bunch of mottled brown triangles left over from a very long ago project that I found in my scraps as I sorted and put away an over-flowing mess of scraps from my move 3 months ago.   Haven't a clue what the original project was now, but these triangles are now in a lap quilt that will be going to a family who lost most everything in a Tx tornado at Christmas. 

The colors that ended up in the quilt are the brown mottled, a mossy green & cream stripe and tan.  As it happened those were the colors she decorates with.   Hadn't been thinking of that when I pulled the fab's but love it when things just fall into place.

The final project started this past weekend  was the first of 6 pillows made from t-shirts for the same guy who ordered the t-shirt quilt.  Easy and quick to make.   Have also started on what seems like a bazillion strips sets of black and white kona.   Hoping this weekend to start cutting the t-shirts down to size so I can start putting it together.


But reality is also intruding for me - only 1.5 wks left in this semester and it's time to write a final exam for 2 of my classes and tweak those already written for the other 3 classes.   And there are three weekends that i'll be tied up at least part of the time with selling concessions with the club that i'm an advisor for.....such fun....NOT!   lol

Gratitudes:

1. The weather looks good for my trip up to Casper on Friday for my appt with the Hematologist.

2.  Only 1 1/2 wks left in the first semester here in Wyoming.   And for the most part it has been a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck tomorrow in your travels. Be safe. I'm glad you have a positive overall for the last semester.