"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mystery Quilt Step 5 Reveal and Viewer Linkup

Mystery Quilt Step 5 reveal
How are all of you that are working on the mystery quilt doing so far?  Keeping up or lagging behind?  I've included a linkup at the bottom of this post and would love to see pics of your quilt.   Please consider posting to the linkup.

For myself, the first thing I added this round was what I managed to forget to do the last step.   Yes, I'm one who doesn't do well at following patterns - even my own. One of my quilting friends who is doing the mystery pointed out that I had not added the three circles from step 4.   Ooops!!!

So the first thing I added was those down towards the bottom of the quilt.

The first part of step 5 was to think creatively and add 3 numbers into your quilt.   To add the numbers into my quilt I pieced flying geese - there are three of them in a lime green at the bottom left of the quilt.   This strip of geese were inset into the quilt top.

I then pieced another strip of three geese in the same dk greek print I had bordered three of the blocks in back at the start of the project.   I then lopped off the corner of the upper right hand block and added the dk green geese there.  I wanted the effect of the dk green fading into the gees and then back into the strip down the side of the block.   The final "goose" was done in the lime green/blue floral and is appliqued down to the middle block on the right hand.

The final part of step 5 was to add three squares to the quilt.   I used the pink w/daisies fabric to make these and placed them so that they would either overlap the dk green strips or the dark pink triangle.  I'm liking the layered effect that i'm getting by overlapping the pieces.





3 comments:

carla said...

Hi!!! Your is looking awesome!!!! Sharing my step four!!!! Guess what my message is
http://dancingmoon-carla.blogspot.com/2015/03/mystery-message.html Will try to get step 5 up and showing soon!!!! Thanks for the fun!!!!!

cityquilter grace said...

a gorgeous mystery quilt...love those colors!

Anonymous said...

I didn't keep up, but love the quilt and it will be a Christmas gift for a teen granddaughter.

Jean