"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Block 13 for the Block of the Month is here!

My best laid plans went astray as these things so often do.   Between the madness that is inherent for teachers the last three weeks of school, my body also decided it was time for the bronchitis/sinus infection I've been fighting the last 3 months to flare up this past weekend.   I'm now finally starting to feel better and am starting to get stuff done again.

This months block is named "Spinning Tops".   It reminds of of the old-fashioned tops that I used to play with as a kid, esp. as they looked when they collided against each other.

You can download the pattern from here: My website by clicking here.

I hope you enjoy making it.

Still to come are the patterns for the remaining sashing sections and the border sections.   All of these will be made with your background fabric.   And the final assembly instructions.

I'm still working getting the instructions completed, but am hoping to get them done before the end of the year.   If I don't it'll be right after the first of the year.

Gratitudes:

1. Christmas vacation is coming!

2. Parents who bless me with awesome gifts like a trip home for the holidays.


3 comments:

dq said...

"Spinning Tops" is a beautiful block . I am also glad that you are FINALLY beginning to feel a little better.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling well enough to post! I enjoyed making mine, and hope to finish the borders in the next couple of weeks.

sophie said...

That's a great blocks, but the best news is that you're (finally!) starting to feel better. Hang in there.