"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Uncooperative challenge quilt....

Most of the challenge quilt has decided to cooperate.   But the wording that I need to add to it just is not being cooperative.  

What is working  ---  

The quilt will show a forest that comes right down to the waters of a lake/stream and then are reflected in the water.   I have the material ready to fuse for all of that, and will be using a royal blue, shiny tulle overlay over the reflected trees and water to delineate where and what they are.  The tulle will be scrunched and bunched to show the surface of the water, and will be quilted down as I quilt that part of the quilt.   I have a plan for the quilting, and will do that on my mid-arm machine.  

What isn't working ---

The upper part of the quilt will have a large letter 'T' on it, and then a Bible verse (Jeremiah 17:8).   I'd planned on doing the verses in cross-stitch on linen and then stitching them down on the quilt, however my attempts at the cross-stitch are now working out the way that I want them to.   So plans are continuing to evolve.  At the moment, I'm probably going to cross-stitch a large letter "T", and then applique it onto the quilt top.   Then will write the verses either directly onto the quilt top or onto a piece of linen that will then be added to the quilt top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now I want to see it with all problems solved. LOL