"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

One of those days.........

Ever have one of those weeks where there is a lot going on, you come home tired and just don't want to deal with what you know you've got a deadline to get done?   Well that would be me right now.   Been working lots of hrs at the store (7-8 hr shifts at the store during teh day) and feeling brain dead by the time I get home from work.

So guess who hasn't gotten the backing for the wedding quilt on the quilt frame so I can start quilting it?   I have dug out a packaged batting tho that is big enough for it so I'm getting closer.   I would take and even up the backing edges, but I'm too tired to be trusted with a rotary cutter and fabric.

I will need to get busy on it so that I can get it completed before next weekend when I hope to deliver it.

I have tho put together two quick quilt tops yesterday and today before heading into work.   The first one was made with the leftover backing fabric from the commissioned rubber ducky quilt.  The coordinating was all from my stash.    The second quilt top I finished this week uses the last 64-patch blocks made with a whole mess of 2" squares that a friend sent me about 4 yrs ago.   I added the two center blocks to them and made the quilt shown here.

Both quilts are slotted to be donated to a couple of different groups.



Gratitudes -

1. Finding a packaged batting that is large enough for wedding quilt.

2. For God always being there and providing what I need, even when it seems like I can't feel him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why yes, I have felt that way! Which is why your box is not on the way to you today. =P Monday, since tomorrow they are closed. Sorry, I am just unmotivated to do anything today - woke up tired, still tired. Love your top from nothing and the one with all the squares. Genius to put the baskets in the middle like that!