"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Wedding Quilt Progress

After finding out that the intended recipient of the wedding quilt that I started back at the first of the year got married earlier this week (totally unexpectedly....), I decided I'd better get to work on it again.   Thankfully school is almost out, so I'll have more time in the coming weeks to get it done....hopefully before they have their reception sometime later this summer.   In the meantime, i've finished 20+ blocks today and have finished off another 20-25 blocks.   Next up is to start putting more rows together so that I can figure out how many more I need to make in order to finish up this quilt.  

Here's a pic of the first three rows put together.....the top of the quilt is at the right side of the pic.   Blocks are 6" square and are paper-pieced so that I can get the accuracy I want for them.  

Gratitudes:

1. For those in the military who have made the ulimate sacrifice, w/o complaint, so that all in the US may be blessed by the freedoms that we have today.

2. 6 more school days till summer vacation!!!

2 comments:

Nancy in IN said...

I love the quilt.

Anonymous said...

It really looks good. Love the colors, of course, but the whole design is both fluid and restful.