"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 3, 2014

Almost done.....

I've almost finished the American Heroes quilt that started with Fav Fabric blocks.     All blocks are now made, including having finished off the setting triangles.   I just need to cut the fabric for the sashing (will be out of COC) and then put it together.  

The final border will be the red floral print, and there will be an initial border of COC as well.   Haven't decided tho if I'm going to add another border between the COC and the red print.

However before this gets finished I need to make myself a new purse before the strap on my current one totally wears out.   So that is up next on my plate.

Gratitudes:
1. The storm last weekend wasn't any worse than it was, in spite of the freezing rain that went through ahead of the ice.

2. For the job that God has provided for me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very good! I always leave the border question open till I can lay it out. And I find that my feelings change as I get the blocks sewn together, then again after the first border is sewn on, etc. So, like you, I have ideas, but they are flexible.

Jean said...

Love the setting triangles. You are so clever. Turned out very well, I would say....

Anonymous said...

I love it, of course! I almost think it can do without cornerstones, because of the gold circles, but then in the middle where those blocks aren't intersecting, maybe it will not look right.

cityquilter grace said...

moira those fan blocks really make this quilt stand out...terrific idea....can't wait to see it done...on a roll!