"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Interviewing for the Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship

This past weekend I was in the Indianapolis area with long-time friends Pam and Dan and their girls. Flew out there to interview for the Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship program. I continue to be impressed with this program and those that are running it. I am glad that I applied for acceptance into it. And am praying that I will receive an acceptance letter for the Fall 2010 cohort. Did come away from the time at the interview with lots of things to think about. Have a to-do list as well - beginning with getting my application for federal financial aid completed and submitted before 3/12. Plan is to get that done before the weekend is over.

Also over the weekend I got the score on the remaining section of the Praxis I test. The writing section was definately my weakest one, but I still passed it with two points to spare (Got a 174, which is in the middle of the average score range, and needed 172 for the program.) I can live with being 'average' in writing since I'm looking at teaching math and/or technology. =) Also found out that I passed the other two sections with above average scores (math - 188 out of a possible 190, and reading (comprehension) - 182 out of a possible 190), something I'm very happy over since I was worried about the reading portion of the test.

If I do receive an offer of a fellowship, and accept it, I'll be moving to Indiana sometime in May. And my first day of graduate classes towards a Master's Degree in Education could be as early as June 1st.

Gratitudes -
1. Safe travels to and from Indiana last weekend.
2. A good interview for the Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship.
3. A great time of fellowship with my longtime friends.

No comments: