"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter is here!

Yesterday was a winter wonderland type of day with 11 or so inches of snow here where I live in N. Tx. Thankfully I didn't have to work today (thanks to someone asking me to trade with them!) so I didn't have to get out and drive in it. It was beautiful to look at this morning when I got up for the day. Have a meeting at the store tomorrow morning so it will be interesting to deal with ice on sidewalks and parking lots tomorrow morning. =P

Staying at home today gave me lots of time to sew tonite. I finished the binding on a UFO (the second one for the year). And put a quilt top together as well that will be donated to American Heros. Have started blocks for another quilt top as well and will work on putting them together. Next up is working on pressing more interfacing onto t-shirts for the t-shirt quilt.













Gratitudes:
1. Didn't have to drive on the slick streets today.
2. Have had fun sewing today. =)

1 comment:

sophie said...

I didn't have to go out in it either and enjoyed watching the teenagers in the building play in the snow on top of the parking structure next door. I figure I am one of very few people in downtown Dallas that own an actual SNOW shovel ;-)