"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stashbusting in 2009

Back in 2007 I had decided to really focus on finishing UFO's and to work from my stash as much as I could. Being without a FT job made the latter part of that a necessity. So far this yr I've finished up 21 UFOs, have one more ready to bind, and have about 20 more that will be going into next year.

I've also managed to use a hefty amount of fabric from my stash so far with over 500 yds gone. I had approximately 100 yds come back in for about a 400 yd usage so far this yr. That usage came from using it in my quilting and through donations to others. The sad thing is that I'm just now starting to see a small difference in how many totes and boxes of fabrics that I have. So I will be continuing to work down on my stash next yr.

Working to finish up UFO's and using my stash really feels good and I'm looking forward to making a visible difference next year!

Gratitudes -
1. I'm thankful for the 'pallette' that I have in my stash and that I'm still able to quilt even though I don't have a big income at this time.
2. I'm thankful for all that I do have and for the many blessings that God has given me.

5 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

The pineapple quilt is beautiful! And I really like your "gratitudes" at the end of every post. You're right; we all have things to be thankful for, even when things aren't going exactly as we hoped.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Wow, you used 500 yards this year!?!?! That's FANTASTIC!!! You'll have those UFOs done before you know it!

Candi said...

Boy have you been busy! 500 yards this year! Love your quilts and the gratitudes at the end of your post:) Thanks for sharing.
Hugz:)
Candi

Katie said...

Hi Moira! Just found your blog. Have been trying to track you down; lost your email address and emails sent to your webpage get bounced back. Drop me a line and let me know where you are (unless you lost my address as well, in which case say s.t. on your blog :P) Merry Christmas! - Katie D. in Phoenix

Moira said...

I'm glad you sent me a note Katie! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. In various rounds of email trouble your email address vanished as well. Drop me a note at mlmcspadden at juno (dot) com .