"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Goals and To-Do's

I would love it if life slowed down for a bit...........but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.....lol.   Well maybe once I'm on Vacation the end of the month, but I won't bet on that.

At any rate, for my sanity and to hopefully keep me focused I'm writing down my goals and to-do's for the next 6-8 wks or thereabouts so that I can make progress and hopefully not lose anything along the way.   Most of these are quilty in some way, but some aren't.  Here's hoping this helps keep me focused on what I need to do.

Non-Quilty
  • Make reservations for hotel stay to Phx, and for the 23rd-25th (I really don't want to sleep in the car so this is a must....lol)
  • Enter the clothing I'm donating into my spreadsheet, box up and put into the back end of the car
  • Mail Christmas gifts to Indiana
  • Pack for my vacation
  • Enter hold mail request online

Quilty
  • Appliqued Sweatshirt for D (Christmas gift)
  • Appliqued Sweatshirt for M (Christmas gift)
  • Cross-body purse for P (Christmas gift)
  • Appliqued T-Shirt for D (commission)
  • Fruit Cobbler potholders - what I can get done for extra Christmas gifts
  • Fruit Cobbler potholders (commission) - two blueberry, two mixed berry - due mid January
  • Stretching Art Challenge Quilt - Due in February, not started
  • MQG mini swap quilt - Due in February, have patterns printed out
  • Wedding quilt for C & A - In Process, needs to be to the quilter no later than end of January for quilting
  • Add sashing to the Calico Lion block
  • 2018 BOM - blocks 2 & 3
  • Start working on next block for submission to QuiltMaker
  • Scrappy Wolf - in process of cutting 2.5" squares needed for quilt
  • Scrappy Deer
  • Finish Hankie Butterfly quilt (quilting and binding)


Design
  • Write up pattern for Calico Lion, Block 1 for 2018 BOM
  • Write up pattern for Sherry Bear 
  • Write up patterns for the military bears (5 individual patterns + 1 combined pattern)
  • Write up patterns for the quilting bears (3 individual patterns + 1 combined pattern)
  • Write up snail quilt pattern
Gratitudes:
1. Extra time off of work means I'll be able to spend more time with friends and family

2. for the days that I'll be house & pet-sitting and not having to pay for a room

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

That's quite the list!! You definitely needed to write it down! Can you tell me more about the Stretching Art and Tradition??

Anonymous said...

You have quite a lot to do, no wonder you needed to write it down.