"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Using up scraps/remnants

In prepping more WOW's fabrics for more scrappy critter quilts, I found a stack of 12 already cut/marked Cream-on-Cream squares in my scraps. 

I didn't want to put them back into the bin, so I kept them out.   Then pulled two large scrap pieces of fabric from one of my many stacks - 20" of the shoe print, and 14" or so of the green.   Using these I made HST blocks with the fabrics.   None of the shoe print is left and there is only 4" or so of the green to end up in the bags of scraps.

Gratitudes:
1. For groups that I know of and work with that funnel quilts to kids and others who need them around the world

2. For the blessings of friends who have come through Irma with only minor damage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great arrangement of the scraps, too! Some lucky child will love it. And grow up to buy 42 pairs of shoes at once. =)

JANET said...

Love this block! Thank you for sharing.