"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Hobbs Commission - progress....woohooo............

Finished up all of the tie blocks this afternoon, so I've only got one more block to get made for this quilt.    I have the shirt for that one in the dryer now after washing it.   Might get the base of the block done this evening.

I'm not a 100% sure I like the color placement yet on the shirts so I'm still mulling that over as well.

Still to be done for the quilt before I can start sewing it together - finish cutting out the sashing strips (had to change blades after running my cutter over a pin....oops), iron interfacing onto the back of the ties sections that the sashing squares will be cut from and then cut the sashing squares.  

Other than perhaps getting the final square prepped tonite.   Need to actually get busy working on the quilting for my contest quilt......deadline for that is coming up and i need to get busy with the quilting.   It's only been in the last week or so that I've had any real idea of how I wanted to start with the quilting....oops.

Gratitudes:
1. I finally came up with something that I could take to a potluck tomorrow that I can eat.......

2. A plan for my Stretching Art challenge and the story of the inspiration for the quilt is coming together.  =)

No comments: