"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Playing with scraps and designs

Had time this morning before church to get another block done for the American Hero quilts that I'm working on.    Played with one of my designs to see what else I could do with it.    End up with three more designs to make.....and an idea for a fifth one.  

Meanwhile here is the block I finished this morning.   Tentative name is Southwest Wings because the red reminds me of the stylized western sun you see in art in the Southwest US.






This afternoon I'll start working on putting these t-shirts into pillows for silent auction goodies for my 40th HS reunion.

Gratitudes:

1. A lovely rain storm went through this morning, so the humidity should be a little less now.

2. Church and small group today....good times to come with friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like that block. Something very different. Good luck getting the pillows into your suitcase - is it possible to fold the covers and put forms inside them when you get to LA?

Anonymous said...

That is a great block! It doesn't look too hard to assemble.