"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, September 17, 2016

One of those quilts..............

Ever have one of those quilts that just doesn't want to come out square no matter what you tried.....

Well, I've been working on one of those quilts this week as I've put together these flag blocks into what will be an American Hero quilt.  I could have sworn that the blocks were all trimmed to the same size........ummm, that would have been nope.

So once I trimmed enough blocks to make the middle columns and the blocks for the two outer columns were double checked to be the same size, I put the columns together.   And then proceeded to sew the columns together to form the top.   Sigh...........as it turns out the left hand one is longer than the right one.....so gold was added to top and bottom of the right column.  

Is it square, that I don't know 'cause I'm not about to try to figure it out...lol.  At the moment it is 54" wide by 78" long which is just a little smaller than the 63" by 87" that they want the quilts to be.   So I'm going to add one more border using the striped fabric to the right to bring it up to size.  And yes, the type A side of me will try to match the strips so that they flow correctly around the border.   =)

Gratitudes:

1. My platelets are up to 127K which means I get to stay off of the prednisone.

2.  I don't have to get bloodwork for 2 months....woohoo.............

3 comments:

Nancy in IN said...

PTL for continuing health improvements.
You must be where you are supposed to be.

Unknown said...

I love that border for your American Hero's quilt. It will pop the center. So glad to hear that the platelets are behaving a bit. Maybe they like Texas better than all the other places.....;-)

Anonymous said...

You're funny. It's a great quilt, so no worries. Some tall guy will love it, no doubt. Yay on the platelets!