"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Passing Time.....

For the first time in all of my moves, and that's a lot of them over the years. Umm, wondering how many moves - '95 - Phoenix to Boston, '97 - Boston to Phoenix, 2006 - from an apt to a house in Phoenix, 2006 - 3 months later Phoenix to Boston, 2007 - Boston to Rowlett and Phoenix to Rowlett, 2009 - Rowlett to Garland, 2010 - Garland to Lafayette, 2012 - Lafayette to Fort Wayne, 2015 - Fort Wayne to Rawlins, and now 2016 Rawlins back to the Garland area.  Gee, I wonder why I've been told I've got to have Gypsy blood in me?

I'm actually almost totally packed and several days early for a change.   A little more in the sewing room area here, about a boxful in the kitchen and pantry and I should be about done except for getting together the stuff that needs to go into my car and finishing getting the makings for picnic lunches for the days we'll be driving.

And being almost done this early, means that I can sew without feeling guilty about it.  =)     So I've been working on the PP'd units that I need for the setting I've designed to use in putting together the blocks that I made for the Modern Quilts Block Design Contest the past year.  I need 54 of these units in multiple colors and groups of either 4 or 3 per color.   I now have 15 done, so i'm making progress on them.  =)

I also put together a snack mat earlier in the day with one of my finished cross stitch pieces.  I couldn't resist the little fox and actually counted the stitches from a picture.  The fabric on the right was one that I found while out shopping one day and thought the two would go together nicely.

Gratitudes:
1. The lease application for a rental townhouse that I've turned in has been processed and should be submitted to the owner as of today.   Hopefully, I'll hear back tomorrow with a decision on whether I get it or not.

2. Found a company to load my truck here in Rawlins, and am hoping friends from church will be able to help unload it in TX.




2 comments:

Nancy in IN said...

Congrats on getting so much done--early. Have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Good gratitudes! I'm pleased things have gone so smoothly at this end. Now hoping the other end is going more smoothly than anticipated even a couple of days ago. Love the way the fox has progressed. That IS the perfect fabric for this one. I hope you had more time for your setting pieces. I know once your parents arrive, it will be rush, rush, rush to get everything loaded and ready to go.