"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, July 4, 2016

Row-by-Row Shop Hop Goodies, Part 3

This past Friday I made a 514 mile drive around the south-east corner of Wyoming as I visited 5 more shops to pick up their 2016 Row-by-Row patterns.    The drive was split between interstate driving and several US Hwys.   Lots of beautiful country made more exciting by driving into the worst storm I've ever driven in.   Thankfully it eased after about 15-20 minutes and I was able to continue driving (I'd had to stop because I couldn't see out my windshield!) and did drive out of it.  

The patterns I picked up and the goodies that I got along with them are shown below.

First up was this stack of goodies from Snowy River Quilts in Laramie. Fabric at the top may be used for binding on the finished row-by-row quilt.  Row is already finished and will be in my row-by-row quilt.   At the bottom are three FQ's - left one is for my mittens quilt, right two FQ's are for my alphabet fabric stash (X and E).  =)


Next shop I stopped at was The Quilted Corner in Cheyenne.   Here I picked up the kit for their row (for myself and a friend), and a yard of a fairy frost that I've almost used up in making blocks for the block design contest that I've been participating in.  Also received a free FQ with more x's on it that will be going into my alphabet fabric stash.  This row most likely will end up in my quilt.


Next up was the Scrappy Shack Quilt Shop in Torrington.   Picked up the row pattern, the store license plate and a yard of a cream colored batik. Everything was 20% off so I also picked up a couple of batiks with Wyoming motifs.  Lots of good fabrics here but unfortunately this shop is going out of business.  this row will be one of the ones in my quilt.  


The fourth shop I visited was Lickety Stitch Quilts in Lusk.  Also found a beautiful batik, part of which will end up being used in one block for the F2F swap that I'm taking part in.  I've completed this row and it will be in my completed row-by-row quilt.   All fabrics used in the row came out of my stash, altho I did not quite follow the same color progression.


My last stop of the day was at Prairie Stitcher in Douglas and I just squeaked in before closing.   This store was packed with fabric and other craft type items and reminded me of other stores that I've been in before where aisles were narrow and fabric was stacked everywhere.    Picked up their row pattern which features a car driving down a road in the country to home.  Fabrics for my row will come from my stash.   No pic of the completed row tho.   While there I also picked up 3 FQ's in creams for use in F2F blocks.

Gratitudes:

1. For my "401F" that I can shop from to make things like these rows.

2. For platelet counts that while not quite stable yet, seem to be staying in a normal range better.


2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wow quite a trip and quite a haul! bet it was fun....the rows are looking good so far...

Nancy in IN said...

Great trip. Like all of us, you need the fabric. More to pack!