"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend doings......

Well after not feeling good Friday nite and most of Saturday, I've been able to get a few things done last nite and today.

First up was the tops to a couple of mug rugs that started with a little piece of aborder print from a couple of pillow panels.  Used scraps in red, blue and COC's to make a checkerboard around the print.



Made a couple of sets of leaf blocks for the Block lotto and realized that I misread the instructions on how many fabrics to use for the background.   So I need to go back and fix them.......sigh......Not my fav thing to do, but at least the problem is fixable.











I also made the September block for the Modern Quilts Block Design contest that I didn't get made back last year thanks to the move out here to Wyoming.    Only one more block to catch up on from last month (still waiting for inspiration on that one!) and then to decide on what fabrics to use for this months block.













And I was able to get two graduation gifts made - embellished towels for girls that are graduating and heading to college.  Only one more to go, but need another towel set and have to make a trip to the quilt store when I'm up in Casper on Friday to find fabric that she'll like.

Gratitudes:

1. Beautiful weather today after gloomy and snowy weather yesterday.

2. 4 wks left in school.  =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects, all of them! I love the towels. Save those leaf blocks and make different ones. I don't care about all the background, so I'll swap you two if you want. I need some for my Old McDonald Mystery anyway.