"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Scraps.....

What does a person do when they have leftovers from a project and they don't want them back in their stash?   Well if you're me, you start cutting them up into the biggest sized squares you can for a quick donation quilt.    For the flannel scraps left from the memory quilt that was 12" and 8 1/2" squares.   Some quick piecing with the leftover grey backing flannel and the white I'd used on the front and I have enough squares for a donation quilt.     Now to debate on what color border to add to it.....leaning towards the the blue of the elephants, but could also go with a grey, tan or the chartruese.   Whatever I choose will be from my stash because I don't want to buy anything for this one.

Gratitudes:

1 - Beautiful, Spring weather here so far this week!

2 - For being able to make a large payment on one of the bills with the last of the stipend payment for being a club advisor this year and the no-interest transfer that will allow me to save over $1000 in paying it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, interest saved! Someone will love your elephant donation!