"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Back from my quilt retreat......

I was fortunate to be able to go to a quilt retreat last weekend in Wisconsin with a great group of friends.   Lots of fun, laughter and sewing were had by all over the weekend.   Did manage to finish three projects - two totally, and one to the completed top stage.  

The pumpkin quilt is now a finished top.   I got all of the buttonhole stitching done on the top panel.   6 or so hours later I was able to put all of the remaining borders on it.

When I bought this my intent was to have a fall quilt to display on the wall.  Well that was two domiciles ago and a lot of yrs ago.  I no longer have a wall tall enough to display my quilts on at this time and can't put up a rod here either.   So I'm not sure if I'm going to leave it as is or add a border to it to make it big enough for my bed.  That will be decided at some point in the future, but not now.   If I do add a border, I'll most likely make it similiar to the block backgrounds.

The gingerbread man is a potholder made from a kit that I'd gotten at least 10 yrs ago.  Fabrics in the top are from the kit, binding and bow are from a FQ that someone put on the 'free-to-anyone' table.

Serendipity had the print in the hanging loop match up exactly with the binding at the point where I sewed it on.  Bowtie turned out good - esp. since the pattern showed it but gave no instructions on how to do it.







The final project completed was a little wool ornament.   The kit was gotten on a shop back in Arizona at least 10 yrs ago and most likely longer than that.  Couldn't tell you what store I'd gotten it at either because it wasn't on the pattern.  A combination of hand and machine applique was used to make it.

Gratitudes:
1.  Sinus surgery date is here tomorrow and hopefully all will go well.

2. 5 wks left in school this year.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good thing is the pumpkin quilt top is finished! And it's beautiful. Best of luck during the surgery. Here's hoping this takes care of that sinus infection for good.

cityquilter grace said...

oooh i LOVE pumpkins! nice finish...and wishing you a speedy recovery too