"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 2, 2015

Progress....

Had a snow day today off from school.   So in between shoveling the last of the 12" of snow from the weekend, I was able to make progress on a couple of projects.

First I finished up the top for the topiary table runner and am happy with how it has turned out.   The top is now done and ready for quilting on my Kenmore.   Am hoping that that the person I'm planning on getting it likes it.  Am planning on binding it in a reddish brown like in the pot if I can find something that will work..   If not I think I have enought of the border fabric left that I could use that.

I also bordered out a crazy quilt block that I had been given a couple of years ago and am in process of finishing it up for a donation quilt for an art auction to raise funds for research into a rare disorder that a granddaughter of a good quilting friend has been diagnosed with.    This should be ready to be sent off by the end of the week hopefully.     Am using a combination of machine quilting (around the border edge) and hand quilting (around the patches) to quilt it.

Gratitudes:

1. For not having to go out into the snowstorm over the weekend.

2. For the protection that I'll have from God as I drive into work tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are very pretty. I like what you decided on for the table runner. I knew you'd think of something great.

carla said...

Hi!!! The little birds are very sweet and cute!!!! The little crazy quilt is beautiful!!!!!