"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, July 5, 2014

New Mystery Project.......

One of the things I've been mulling over this summer is what I want to do as a project for next year for posting on my blog.   Should I do a new BOM, or should I do a mystery twas the question.   I haven't decided yes or no on the BOM, but if I do that it will be smaller than this years BOM.  =)   In addition this will be something that is out of my normal style of writing / designing patterns, which is the reason why i'm testing it first.   But I'm looking forward to making it.

In the mean time, I did decide to do a mystery.    I've got it written up and am testing it with one of my best quilting friends.  =)   Some of the fabrics I've chosen to use for the test run are shown to the right.  I've pulled others to use as well, but won't make final decisions until I work through each step.  
This mystery quilt will be similar to one that I've done in the past where the participants were told, in general terms, how to add the next part to the quilt, but they were not what it had to be.   Instead they were given a technique and size.  

For this quilt I'll have steps that tell what is to be added in general terms, but will not tell how it is to be added.   Any person making the quilt will be able to pick their own techniques to use and truly make the quilt their own.  Finished size will be a toddler or lap quilt size once it is together and borders are added to it.

Sound like something you'd like to try?   I hope so!  Any questions, leave me a comment on this post.

Gratitudes:
1. For being able to design patterns and have fun while doing it.

2. For the beautiful weather we are having at this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I can't post something like this. I'm using whatever scraps are at hand! =) I'm excited about it, though!