"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Almost done with challenge quilt.....

Have finished up quilting my wallhanging for the challenge.   Stretched myself on quilting patterns and overall am happy with how it has turned out.

First pic on the right shows a close up of the quilting in the sky.   My frame was being a pill so it's a little more jerky than I wanted.   thankfully the worst will be covered up when I add the fabric with the verses written on it to the quilt.

The bottom pic shows the quilting that I did in the water and the look that the tulle gives to the piece.  I like the extra dimension that the tulle gave to the scene and will use this technique again in the future.

Still to be added to the quilt is a piece with the two verses from Jeremiah 17.   I need to dig through my scraps and stash to find something that will work.   Will do that tonite, or might grab something from the store tomorrow after I get work.

So what new techniques have you tried with your quilts lately?

Gratitudes:
1. Challenge quilt is almost done and even a little (very little) early.

2.  Still have 2 wks of summer vacation to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm stuck on mastering old techniques. LOL That tulle really does change the look of things. Hope you found the perfect fabric! (No, I didn't read my e-mails yet. LOL)