"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tea Towel - Finally in progress

I finally have the start of a plan for this quilt....lol.    Have found several blocks and block ideas that I'm working to put together for the quilt.   It's been interesting to search for block ideas that relate to London.

The first block I've finished is a silhouette of Queen Elizabeth.   I used raw edge stitching and machine applique to make the block.  

The second block I made was made to represent the Pearlie Kings and Queens of London.   I used 37 buttons to make the design.  The buttons were all sewn down by machine using a zigzag stitch, with a length of 0.  I've got enough buttons to make one more 'pearlie' block, but haven't decided on a final design yet for it.

I've got ideas for 4 or so more blocks to make for the quilt.    


Gratitudes:

1. Warmer weather is finally here - yeah for spring!

2. Feeling better!   Yippee.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A start! Now you can explain what Pearlie Kings and Queens are. =)