"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sewing on a snowy winter weekend

It has been a snowy weekend here and I've been stuck at home both days.   Was supposed to have been at work at the store today and a robotics competition this weekend, but both things were cancelled.   And that meant that I got to stay home and play in the sewing room.   =)

First thing that i did was to work on the wedding quilt making more blocks.   Was able to finish up another 27 blocks for it.   That puts me at 76 completed blocks out of the 180 that I need for the layout.  I started laying them out to see how the quilt was going to look and this is as far as I got.    

I've also finished up three quilt tops yesterday and today.   The first has a focus fabric that reminds me of the old-fashioned chenille fabrics, but in color.   I went shopping in the stash for the coordinating blue and fuchsia solids.   Quilt finished out at 40" by 40" for a final size.   the focus fabric was part of a scrap bag that I bought at a local quilt store.  

The next two quilt tops started with pillow panels that I had purchased about 10 years ago from Ben Franklin's in Phoenix.     They've sat for what seems forever in my stash while I tried to figure out what to do with them.   Pictures aren't true to life but give you an idea of what I did with them.   the one at the left finished at 32" by 46".   And the one to the right finished at 46" by 54"and used 4 orphan blocks in the corners of the borders.  

At this point I'm not sure what I'll do with these three quilts.   They may go to Sunshine Quilts, or I might finish them and then try to sell them.
 
Gratitudes:
1. A stash that I can go shopping in for quick projects like this.

2. For the warm house that God has blessed me with in this crazy extremely cold weather here this winter.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what fun! You really got a lot done on your "found" weekend!

Judy S. said...

Love all of your projects, and most especially the spools of threads corner blocks! You made those extra hours count!