"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

UFO or New Project.....that is the question

I'd almost finished off one of the two final christmas gifts that I need to get made before Christmas this year...when of course I ran out of the thread that I need for the final steps (buttonholes!).

So instead of making a special trip out to get more thread yesterday when I knew I'd be working last nite and could get it then.....I started working on a UFO/New Project........can't decide which one it is because it's really both in one project. The pp'd pattern strips are ones that my friend Susan, of http://desertskyquilts.livejournal.com/ gave me when she retired several yrs ago and was house-cleaning stuff prior to going on the road fulltime with her husband. Kept them because they looked like fun but just had never done anything with them. The blue fabrics in the strips I've done so far are 3.5" squares that I trimmed to size several yrs ago and just never did anything with them..........am using a WOW for the background. I've enough of the blues for 16 of the 18 pattern sections that I have. The strips work up to 12.5" unfinished long, and I'm planning on adding to them to make them into 12.5" squares. This is one of those projects that will tell me what it wants to be as it "grows up". =) Next up is a narrow strip of WOW on either side of the pieced strip. Then probably a strip-pieced section of scrappy reds on the white side. After that who knows....


Another project I need to finish up is a few quilted postcards - I found the three at the bottom of the pic. the cross-stitch portions are from little ornaments that I'd made yrs ago and then never used. Figured I'd use them better in this way. Have another pile of these little cross-stitch pieces to use in the same manner. the Christmas ones are all now finished and two of them have already been sent off to their new homes.
Gratitudes:

1. Passed 3 of my classes with A's! Still waiting for the final grade.
2. Vacation is coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! FOR YOUR grades...how many classes are you taking at a time. The paper piecing looks nice, i love blue,and....and....where is the shirt!
ktj

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the A's! The postcards are wonderful, and glad those strips turned out to be useful to someone! LOL

Anonymous said...

congratulations on passing your classes. The quilting looks awesome

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the "A's"! That's fantastic!

Love the postcards and the UFO/New Project too.

Merry Christmas, my friend!

Fran said...

Congratulations on those A's. That is quite an accomplishment!