"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Batik Blocks To Date

I got the latest five batik blocks put together today from the yellow sections that I had posted earlier. I was initially worried that the yellows would blend in with the muslin I'm using for the background. But after seeing how they look in the picture as finished blocks I'm much happier. =) And I ended up with a pile of small scraps from making these five that will give me at least one more block as well. =)

With these five blocks finished, I now have a total of 21 blocks completed. And have drawn up a total of 42 different patterns to use in making blocks.....so I'm only half way through what I've got drawn up....now if I were half way through using up the scraps I'd be doing good...LOL.............however, having basically used up only two of the seven colors of these teeny scraps that I've been saving.....I do believe that it is going to take me a while to use them all up....not to mention that I'm going to end up having a whole lot of blocks as a result. I have a feeling I'll be making more than one quilt from these blocks...maybe one for me and one to sell.


The blocks as they look all together are shown to the left.


Gratitudes:

1. For the work that God has given me.
2. For the ability that God has given me in designing and quilting.

4 comments:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

very nice!! a great way to use up scraps, too! thanks for sharing! Carole

Anonymous said...

Oh, you do have a few baskets there, don't you!

Pattilou said...

It seems that no matter how I plan, the scraps just seem to multiply. I really like the outcome of the scraps into the blocks you've made. The yellow has worked well and adds nicely to the others.

Deb said...

I love this idea. It looks great.