"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Two kinds of time......

I have multiple magazines subscriptions - quilting, women's interest, cooking, and general interest. Most months I find inspiration for quilts, recipes that sound good, and other assorted ideas. But in reading the April issue of Good Housekeeping I found something to challenge me in the Editor's column. In it she talks about a conference that she went to and the subject of time. What she wrote gave me food for thought.,

The basic two types of time are Chronos - minutes, hours, days - the schedule that all of us live our lives by these days. And Kairos - event-centered, memorable time, the moments that make the deepest impression on us when we are fully living our lives.

I know for me, I have to wonder how much more should I be living by the second instead of racing the clock to live according to a schedule. None of us can walk away from all Chronos based time, but do we really look for the Kairos moments?

What do you think?

Gratitudes:
1. God's bountiful supplying of my needs
2. For the ability to quilt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moira,
This is a really thoughtful post. Thank you for making me really think about time, in both ways.
Kathy B